And the book is almost done, I just needed the resin parts to decorate the corners… Metalic paint on top of mate black primer Aged with liquid “Judea bitumen“ With that painted its time to make holes for all the screws and rivets And its done!!
The first step was to print the illustration then cut some thin wood for the cover stick the illustration and copy it to the wood After the drawing was copied I traced it the a pyrograph Then a bit of wood stain so the outer part is darker and the middle illustration pops out Done! Next time… assembling the text block!
A friend asked me for a book design and said it needed to have “a tree and a lion“. After collecting a lot of pic of lions and trees i came up with this illustration I then added some extra elements to complete the cover and finally put some textures to see how it would look in the real world.. Next time… starting the build!