This year I spent quite a lot of time making videogames so I decided to get a better tool for my work. Here is a video of my first attempt at very light keyboard modding.
The Book of the Dead from the Mummy is ready! and here is a video summary of the project! There were MANY mistakes, but it’s done. The whole project took arround 3 weeks since we work on our off time but editing the video took many months since I wasn’t sure what exactly to show and what to take out… In any case, here it is:
I was watching youtube videos to get some inspiration to start painting a couple character designs so I went to watch several of the brilliantly animated and drawn videos from the League of Legends channel and while watching their video Pentakill: Mortal Reminder… guess what I found?!!? The necronomicon pages!!!! I mean, of course the brilliant designs are not mine… But hey! My re-tracings are good enough for a freaking Riot Games! Should I put that on me resume?? Haha The pages are inside the book the mysterious book opened just after 1:36! Take look: How cool is that!!
This is the the last important step, adding the pages. Since we couldn’t find any reference of a working functional book of the dead, we had to be creative. Each one of our drop-shaped wooden parts has a strip of leather going around it and that holds a page from both sides. We used superglue and a couple of tiny nails to secure each page: Here is a couple detail photos: Once all pages are ready we starded ading all the pieces on the spine of the book. We just applied the same Bitumen of Judea that was used to age the cover decorations: First apply the bitumen then remove a little bit so that all the grooves stay dark: And now the spine is ready! And the pages are functional!
A video with most parts of the process of my Gravity Falls Journal Bild.
- Page 1 of 2