I got a couple extra paint colors, so I tried them. Supposedly bronze, supposedly copper and generic random shiny gray metal.
And here is the finished statue. Casted in 2 part epoxy resin, which is very thick (if you have access to Smooth-on products please use that). Some cheap black spray paint as primer then acrylic metal paint. Used some bitumen of judea to make the metal paint look old and weathered. And finally some cheap blue and green acrylic paint for the faux rust effect.
This is the clay statue painted over a couple of times with some random spray paint for exteriors. I just added this paint coat so the clay would not stick to the silicone while making the mold. This is the mold I made from the painted clay statue. As always, if you have access to Smoth-on products please use that. I used some random silicone+catalyst mix, you put a 10 drops of catalyst per 100ml of liquid silicone. I covered the statue with a mix of mineral spirits and liquid silicone as a release agent before pouring the silicone. I totally overdid it… i put WAY to much of the mix so now there is quite a bit of flash when taking out the resin statues. So if your using a mix like that put just a little.
Some crapy drawings to more or less know how it should look at the end… In the end I went for the straight tentacles just because there were WAY easier to sculpt… I am THAT lazy The actual thing made out of the cheapest possible clay I could find. don´t really have that much idea about clays so… whatever, any reasonably fine clay will do… And the finished thingy… I had no idea how to cook the thing to make it hard but in the end I wanted to create a silicone mold out of it so I just left it there.