This is the clay statue painted over a couple of times with some random spray paint for exteriors. I just added this paint coat so the clay would not stick to the silicone while making the mold. This is the mold I made from the painted clay statue. As always, if you have access to Smoth-on products please use that. I used some random silicone+catalyst mix, you put a 10 drops of catalyst per 100ml of liquid silicone. I covered the statue with a mix of mineral spirits and liquid silicone as a release agent before pouring the silicone. I totally overdid it… i put WAY to much of the mix so now there is quite a bit of flash when taking out the resin statues. So if your using a mix like that put just a little.
Some crapy drawings to more or less know how it should look at the end… In the end I went for the straight tentacles just because there were WAY easier to sculpt… I am THAT lazy The actual thing made out of the cheapest possible clay I could find. don´t really have that much idea about clays so… whatever, any reasonably fine clay will do… And the finished thingy… I had no idea how to cook the thing to make it hard but in the end I wanted to create a silicone mold out of it so I just left it there.
This is a blog about my totally amateur attempts to recreate all kinds of eldritch things, props and replicas with absolutely no knowledge of how to do it properly.
- Page 2 of 2