The Mummy project (part 7) cover assembly

JC Porcelbookbinding, diy, propLeave a Comment

Now that basically all parts are ready, it’s just a matter of putting all together. Since I wanted the cover pieces to be rather secure in the cover but I didn’t want to use screws I applied a good amount of 2 part epoxy:

Once the epoxy is dry I applied a bit of Bitumen of Judea which in theory is used to age furniture:

Since the lines on the cover and the black vertical decoration piece are lower than the rest of the surface, the dark aging would normally make them very visible but since this book is all black those parts required a “whitening” aging process.

I used a bit of glue and all the sawdust that was all over my shop from making all the parts from the book.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.