This year I spent quite a lot of time making videogames so I decided to get a better tool for my work. Here is a video of my first attempt at very light keyboard modding.
The Liontree book – finale
And the book is almost done, I just needed the resin parts to decorate the corners… Metalic paint on top of mate black primer Aged with liquid “Judea bitumen“ With that painted its time to make holes for all the screws and rivets And its done!!
The Dwarven book, part 3
I finally decided to buy some sculpey instead of the usual epoxy stuff i used for the previous sculpts. It was FANTASTIC, no wonder its the more or less international standard for sculpting… I printed a the dwarf face and covered it with hard plastic so that would be my guide and base for the clay, and added some details with mdf and that weird foam like cardboard. Turned out pretty good. After curing it in the oven, y just painted it all black: And here is all in its place: Added a couple of metalic parts to see how it looked After that i added about 3 layers of lacquer just to seal all the MDF since later im making molds out of it. To be continued!….
The Enchiridion from Adventure Time – part 6
It´s molding time! After a stupid month of inactivity I`m back so it´s time for some updates… I finally sculpted the bird on top of the skull so the center part was finally done. I decided to cut the plastic around the whole thing so it serves as the base that keeps it all together, also a little bit of paint and shilak for the wood. Now all is ready for moldmaking. First I made a couple containers out of lego (one of humanities best inventions): Then comes the unusual… I had many many problems with leaking molds in the past so I eventually started covering the inside of my molds with a very thin plastic wrap (the one used to cover food); that way I dont need to spend time thinking of sealing the container. here is a close up of the lego mold with the plastic wrap: And here are both molds ready for the silicone: Pouring complete The plastic wrap thing has been a fantastic improvement in my workflow. It saves a LOT of time in building sealed molds with hot glue, it saves a lot of materials for the mold walls and there is the best … Read More
Cthulhu idol, extra colors!
I got a couple extra paint colors, so I tried them. Supposedly bronze, supposedly copper and generic random shiny gray metal.
Cthulhu idol – part 3, finito!
And here is the finished statue. Casted in 2 part epoxy resin, which is very thick (if you have access to Smooth-on products please use that). Some cheap black spray paint as primer then acrylic metal paint. Used some bitumen of judea to make the metal paint look old and weathered. And finally some cheap blue and green acrylic paint for the faux rust effect.
Cthulhu idol, part 2!
This is the clay statue painted over a couple of times with some random spray paint for exteriors. I just added this paint coat so the clay would not stick to the silicone while making the mold. This is the mold I made from the painted clay statue. As always, if you have access to Smoth-on products please use that. I used some random silicone+catalyst mix, you put a 10 drops of catalyst per 100ml of liquid silicone. I covered the statue with a mix of mineral spirits and liquid silicone as a release agent before pouring the silicone. I totally overdid it… i put WAY to much of the mix so now there is quite a bit of flash when taking out the resin statues. So if your using a mix like that put just a little.
Cthulhu idol, part 1
Some crapy drawings to more or less know how it should look at the end… In the end I went for the straight tentacles just because there were WAY easier to sculpt… I am THAT lazy The actual thing made out of the cheapest possible clay I could find. don´t really have that much idea about clays so… whatever, any reasonably fine clay will do… And the finished thingy… I had no idea how to cook the thing to make it hard but in the end I wanted to create a silicone mold out of it so I just left it there.