I finally decided to buy some sculpey instead of the usual epoxy stuff i used for the previous sculpts. It was FANTASTIC, no wonder its the more or less international standard for sculpting… I printed a the dwarf face and covered it with hard plastic so that would be my guide and base for the clay, and added some details with mdf and that weird foam like cardboard. Turned out pretty good. After curing it in the oven, y just painted it all black: And here is all in its place: Added a couple of metalic parts to see how it looked After that i added about 3 layers of lacquer just to seal all the MDF since later im making molds out of it. To be continued!….
After being happy with the design, I started cutting the parts of the cover. I printed the cover just to have the size perfect and used that as a stencil to mark where to cut. And here is ready to cut: And ready: I found this very cool material, its like a very hard foam.. almost like paper.. i have no idea what its called in english but its called “carton pluma“ (feather cardboard) in the stores near by me. I used it to make the corners: So here is the half done cover: Coming next: Modeling the dwarve!
Here is the first in a series of book I’m planing of doing along this year. I thought of making some books on classic fantasy and horror themes, so the first drawing i did was of a dwarf so I just went with it. Here is the first drawing: And here is the complete design just to have some reference when building the actual book: Next: cutting the cover!